Saturday, July 24, 2021

Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge autoloop

 Went walking on the Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge and did the autoloop. The autoloop is 5 1/2 Miles of mostly gravel road and you pass through all sorts of terrain. Forest, lakes, wetland, this loop goes through them all. I always park across from the Blackhorse Lake and then drive the autoloop after I walk it. Bathrooms dot the route so if you need to go you won't have to rough it.  This is the hottest ticket goin for moose watching, but full disclosure you will probably only see one one out of four times you're out there. Today was one of the days. Although the young'un was quite a ways away and moving away so didn't get a super shot of them.  I have found the autoloop gives you the bet chance as for some reason they seem to like the eastern side of the refuge. A Goldfinch entertained me, a bunny photobombed the shot of the road I like to take and a deer stopped and posed for a minute before continuing on its way.  Turnbull is one of those magic places that give me a sense of quiet and peace when I'm there even if there are other people enjoying this treasure of a place. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Manito Park spring

 What a glorious space this Manito Park is! Every season is gorgeous and completely different and to be experienced! I went walking in Manit...