Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Centennial Trail Maringo Trailhead

 Starting from the Maringo trailhead and going east is always a wonderful walk. You go over the Denny Ashlock bridge and then past the Donkey Island, and Islands swimming area. The river is cool and inviting in this area. Today I took the invitation and spent time walking in the water along the beaches after I turned around. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of fingerling fish in the shallow cool water amongst the rocks. They looked healthy and vibrant. I also took the side trail that runs into the finger of land that juts into the river at just past the 13 mile post. A bayou full of ducks and other critters comes between you and the mainland when you take this trail. The water just held to much of a draw on this hot day and I waded back across between. It came up about to the top of my legs in one spot but was a pretty easy wade as it is not so rocky here. 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairmont Memorial Park Cemetery walkabout

 I really enjoy getting my mileage in at the local cemeteries. The beauty and history of the places keeps my eyes and mind engaged as I wand...