Friday, February 5, 2021

Feryn Conservation area Mead, Washington

 Went walkin at the Feryn Conservation area in Mead and got soaked to my knees. It is a beautiful area nestled among the fields on Peone Prairie. The vast majority of the property is a wetland with some open water and a lot of streams. I decided that I was gonna make it all the way around and in order to do that had to slog through some water. It was worth it and feet dry. Today there were mostly Mallard ducks and a few hawks flying over. I would image during other times of the year there is many other birds taking advantage of this pretty area. The barn is one of the focal points of the property and left over from when it was a farm. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tubbs Hill Coeur d'Alene

 Finally got a chance to get over to one of my favorite places to walk, Tubbs Hill in Coeur d'Alene yesterday. The trail along the south...