Monday, March 7, 2022

Columbia Plateau Trail, Fish Lake 1st Buttercup of spring!

 Went walking on the Columbia Plateau Trail out of the Fish Lake trailhead today. I had thought the trail might be flooded in places, as it gets sometimes this time of year, but no. The side creeks were flowing hard, the waterfall at where the stream goes down away from the trail was crashing and bubbling. A welcome speck of yellow caught my eye on the south facing rock hill. Could it be? Yes! The harbinger of spring, the first buttercups of the year spotted! The pussywillow trees are starting to bud. There was a couple fishing from the dock on a still frozen Fish Lake and another lover of the weather bicycling the trail.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairmont Memorial Park Cemetery walkabout

 I really enjoy getting my mileage in at the local cemeteries. The beauty and history of the places keeps my eyes and mind engaged as I wand...