Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fishtrap Lake Trail & Folsom Farm

 Went walking at the BLM owned Fishtrap Lake Trail. The trailhead is off of Fishtrap Lake Road, there is a parking lot. The trail goes through the buttes and scrub brush and then wanders along Fishtrap Lake. The trail I took today is a very steep and very narrow one that runs along the side of the hill above the water. This one is dangerous even if you are sure footed so if you aren't feeling really confident stay to the top of the hill until you see the sign for the south and north loop trail and you can get closer down to the water when the shore widens out. The trees are vibrant with fall color and stand in stark contrast to the remnants of the burned old growth trees from the fire a few years ago. The trail back winds up over the buttes, past a pond, that is now dry, and then back across the scrub grasses. Out and back is about 4 miles ad depending on how you go one way can be very hard miles. After I was done I thought I'd go down the road that said "Folsom's Farm". Another BLM property I was surprised by what I found. A parking lot with an outhouse, information signs and even some picnic tables. The old barn, shed and fences are really neat to see. One of the information signs tells you that the house was destroyed in the fire of a few years ago. The wetland that sits out in front would be beautiful in the spring, I would imagine teaming with birds. There are trails that run in different directions over the property and I will have to go back and explore some more.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Indian Painted Rocks

 Because I was out the Indian Trails direction this morning I was able to walk the Indian Painted Rocks trail. This trail runs along the Lit...