Sunday, September 5, 2021

Cheney Wetlands loop trail

 Parking in the Columbia Plateau trailhead parking lot off of Cheney-Spangle road you go about 1/4 mile east and turn right onto the dirt road. The Cheney Wetlands is a wonderful natural area with a lot of ponds, acres of cattail and forest. The city of Cheney waste management facility is a large kind of eyesore right along the trail to the north but once you got on the trail you don't see it much. Water birds, small wildlife and even moose are found here just outside the city of Cheney. The moose I saw on the far hill was the first I had seen here. The loop is about 4.6 miles but if you're short of time you can take the center shortcut and make it about 1 - 1 1/2 miles shorter. Most of the trail is easy some up and down but all well taken care of. gravel. On the day I was there I got a fun surprise off the one side of the trail. Someone had left a rubber ducky on a stump. Why? I don't know.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Manito Park spring

 What a glorious space this Manito Park is! Every season is gorgeous and completely different and to be experienced! I went walking in Manit...