Monday, August 7, 2023

Spokane Scottish Highland Games

 I know I have not been good about posting to the blog. I have been posting on Instagram, @goinwalking , as it is quick and easy. I am going to try to be more consistent in posting to the blog as well. 

We went to the Spokane Scottish Highland games on Saturday. so much going on! I really enjoyed the Scottish Jig competition. The girls jumped and twirled, they were all so talented! The games part all involved throwing heavy objects. Sometimes for distance and sometimes over a bar. They had some Highland cattle and a couple of beautiful Clydesdale horses. I am always in awe of the size of these gentle giants. They had a sheep herding dog at work. a Queen in a court and British cars on display. Of course food and vendors as well.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Manito Park spring

 What a glorious space this Manito Park is! Every season is gorgeous and completely different and to be experienced! I went walking in Manit...