Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Mt Spokane Mt Kit Carson Loop A Sisters Trip

My sister Heather invited me to do one of her favorite hikes today. The Mt Kit Carson Loop starts just a little above the Rangers gate toward the bottom of Mt Spokane. It is a little over 5miles round trip. It's like a rain forest near the bottom, cool, dark and full of foliage. getting higher up is old growth timber, beargrass and foliage. My sister was excited to show me the beargrass but from what she found out it only blooms every 5-7 years and this was an off year for most. But we saw some. Break through at the end of the trail and you're at the top of the world. From the rocky outcroppings you can see our area on three sides. The world is VERY BIG!









2 comments:

  1. My favorite pic is of our shadows. Thanks for coming with me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful day hanging around with my baby sister! Love you back.

    ReplyDelete

Indian Painted Rocks

 Because I was out the Indian Trails direction this morning I was able to walk the Indian Painted Rocks trail. This trail runs along the Lit...